Viewing the Northern lights
Grábrók volcano crater
Deildartunguhver, Europe's most powerful hot spring
Traveling the Golden Circle - steam rising from the Geysir geothermal fields
Blue Lagoon, Diamond Beach & Vatnajokull National Park
Hraunfossar - a series of waterfalls
Snæfellsnes Peninsula - "the peninsula of the snowy mountain"
Shark Museum at Bjarnarhöfn & a Lava & Volcano Exhibition Center
Þingvellir National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage site
PER PERSON PRICING
Iowa or Minnesota Departure
Chicago Area Departure
Lodging as listed on itinerary
Luggage handling for one (1) suitcase per person, if available (does not include airline baggage fees)
Tickets/admissions to listed attractions (Unless listed as "Optional" or "On your own")
Gratuities for local guides
Meals as listed on itinerary
Guidance of a professional tour manager
Transportation to and from Chicago O'Hare airport with round trip air
Moderately challenging - Fast pace, some strenuous activities, walking on varied terrain and up to 2 miles at a time
* Your adventure begins! Sit back and relax on your ride toChicago’s O’Hare International Airport for your overnightflight to Reykjavik, Iceland.
* Upon arrival at Keflavík International airport, we will bemet by our guide.
* Our overnight tonight is the Hotel Klettur - just a stone’sthrow from the center of Reykjavik.
* Before we head west to Borgarfjörður, known as the SagaValley, our guide will provide a tour of Iceland’s capital.
* Climb the Grábrók volcano crater and feel the heat ofDeildartunguhver, Europe’s most powerful hot spring.
* Next, we’ll visit Hraunfossar - a series of waterfalls pouringfrom beneath a wide lava field and Barnafoss.
* Upon arrival in Borgarnes where we will overnight at HotelHamar for the next two nights, we’ll learn about theNorthern Lights.
* After dinner, we’ll step into the hotel garden to search forthe Northern Lights while enjoying hot chocolate or tea.
* We’ll start our day traveling to the Snæfellsnes Peninsula -"the peninsula of the snowy mountain."
* Next we'll visit the Shark Museum at Bjarnarhöfn, andexperience an Icelandic "treat" Hákarl - fermented shark.
* Depending on road and weather conditions, our next tourwill take us to the fishing village of Grundarfjörður - with itsimpressive coastline, mountains, beautiful lakes andwaterfalls. Jutting out into the bay rises one of the mostphotographed mountains in Iceland, Mt. Kirkjufell.
* As night falls, once again we are in the hotel garden toview the Northern Lights. You are welcome to takeadvantage of a soak in the hotel’s outdoor hot tubs whileenjoying the view.
* Today we travel along the Hvalfjörður fjord to ÞingvellirNational Park, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
* Travel the Golden Circle, a famous scenic route in Iceland.
* For lunch, the chef of the Restaurant Geysir invites you totaste freshly baked hot spring bread with Icelandic butter,geothermally boiled eggs and possibly herring. Should youchoose to dabble, the chef recommends a small glass ofnearly freezing Geysir Schnapps with your meal.
* Next, we travel to Gullfoss - a double waterfall that tumbles34 meters into the Hvítá River.
* This afternoon, we’ll learn about the history of the Icelandichorse, and visit a geothermal greenhouse.
* Prior to our overnight at the Landhotel, for those who wish,a hot tub in the garden and Northern Lights await you.
* Our travels today take us along Iceland’s southern coast.Here we’ll learn about Iceland’s geology and activevolcanoes at the Lava and Volcano Exhibition Center.
* Next, we visit one of Iceland’s finest folk museums.Containing a collection of farm and domestic artifacts,with a nearby view of Skógafoss waterfall.
* Following that we’ll visit a black lava beach along with thebird cliffs in Reynisfjara.
* After a day of dramatic and historical sites, we’ll arrive forthe first of our two overnight stays at the Fosshotel Núpar.
* Today’s program is all about glaciers, ice and icebergs.
* Travel to Jökulsárlón - a glacial lagoon with floatingicebergs.
* We’ll walk on Diamond Beach, a black sandy beach wherelarge icebergs often get stranded.
* This afternoon, we’ll visit the tiny turf church at Hof andspend time at Vatnajokull National Park.
* This evening we have one more chance of seeing theNorthern Lights dancing across the night sky.
* Optional tour for additional cost, view the brochure for more information *
* This morning, we head across the Eldhraun lava field to thevillage of Vík. Here, we’ll find the black lava beach withhigh bird cliffs and pounding waves.
* Next we’ll reach the high but narrow Seljalandsfosswaterfall, which plunges from the mountain.
* This afternoon, we’ll have the opportunity to soak in thefamous Blue Lagoon. An indoor pool and geothermalsauna are also on site.
* For our last evening in Iceland, we arrive back in Reykjavíkfor our overnight at the Hotel Klettur.
* We will have the morning and early afternoon to exploreReykjavik before we board our flight to O’Hare InternationalAirport (Chicago.)
* Upon our arrival at Chicago O’Hare International Airport, youwill be greeted by your transfer driver for your return trip toyour chosen departure location. With wonderful memoriesto last a life-time.
B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner
Below is a list of pick-up points available on this tour.
Below is a list of pick-up points available on this tour.
|IA-Coralville|| McDonald's Restaurant - 2794 Comerce Dr |
|IA-Decorah|| Legacy Tour & Travel office - 703 Dudley St |
|IA-Newton|| Hawkeye Stages - 300 E 17th St S |
|IA-Waterloo|| Hawkeye Stages - 3315 Titan Trail |
|IL-Alsip|| DoubleTree Hotel - 5000 W 127th St |
|IL-Chicago Area|| At Home PickUp - for those that qualify |
|IL-Rockford|| WalMart Super Center - 7219 Walton St |
|IN-Metro Chicago|| Home PickUp - Lake,Porter,LaPorte counties |
|IN-Mishawaka|| Legacy T&T office - 620 W Edison Rd |
|MN-Byron|| City Hall (next to LT&T) - 680 Byron Main Ct NE |
|Departure Date (base tour)||Pick-up Time||Drop-off Time|
These departures are coming up soon, confirmed to take place, and you still have time to join us!
All the plans are in place for these newly scheduled departures. Book early!